Tuesday, May 27, 2008

40! Oh-Boy!

So with an off weekend for a change I was looking forward to getting some much needed rest and sleep. It was my birthday this past weekend and I was turning 40 but was not expecting any big celebrations just some quiet time with Kelli, the kids and my parents.

So on Saturday we had plans to go to lunch with my parents after I had a meeting at the studio. When I showed up at BBC my parents were sitting in the bar area - I was thinking that was a bit odd - why were they not at a table? Then I saw my buddy and old roommate from UCF Kenny then Jay and then big Dave (another old roommate who now lives in VT). I stopped cold in my tracks and said "hey what is going on here?" My friend Jay asked if I bought "my backup liver - you're going to need it" So much for the relaxing weekend with family.


Seems Kelli had been planning something behind my back. When I got back to my house that afternoon there where more surprises including a surprise party with more family and friends including many photographers from here on the cape and beyond. Needless to say I was a bit overwhelmed and embarrassed by all of this but it was a lot of fun.


Photos provided by Amy Rader - Thanks Amy!


No comments: