Wednesday, November 21, 2007

8 Things You May Not Know About Me

  1. I once won a marble tournament while I was in 2nd grade - my favorite TV show at the time was Emergency
  2. I ate fluffernutters for lunch and sometimes dinner everyday while in grade school.
  3. In my youth I once won a few state awards and blue ribbons for my veggies at the Barnstable County Fair - those 4H kids didn't know what hit em.
  4. In 6th grade I played the part of Nathanial Morton at Plimoth Plantation and was on Evening Magazine TV (betcha didn't know I could act did ya!)
  5. I grew up in the town of Sandwich where my mom was the school nurse and my dad was a police officer. I attended Sandwich Jr/Sr High but graduated from Cocoa Beach HS where I learned how to surf and bag groceries at the local Publix.
  6. In college at UCF I studied Zoology and ran X-Country. While in school I did an internship in PR for Orange County Public Schools.
  7. I once taught middle school science and coached track and soccer in Orlando.
  8. I once lived in Kansas (go Jayhawks!!) where I learned how to two-step and met a girl named Kelli.

2 comments:

Bello Photography said...

Tommy D,

Very interesting! I did not know any of those facts. You are indeed a man of many talents.

I know you were 7 at the time of your reign as marbles champ, but i bet you still have your marbles collection. I, too, was a marbles marvel! Maybe we should face off! See who really is the champ. I'll bring my chinas and steelies!

Andy

Tom Davis said...

I'm not sure where they are acutally. They may be at Mom's in Florida. I'll have to check. If I find them......game on!