Sunday, July 8, 2007

Marathon Training Again??

I must be nuts! But I've started training for Marine Corp marathon today. It's about 16 weeks away - Oct 29th. The buddies and I had tried to get into NY but not one of us made it in the lottery. So we had registered for Marine Corp as our backup. I'm just now getting back to running 20 miles or so a week. With a few 5k and some track work in to get some of my speed back. So far so good for me however Kenny has been having some back problems and it's not looking good - he may not even be able to run again ever! Which really sucks - having been pretty much there about 7-8 years ago with an injury that I never thought I was going to recover from I buried myself in my photography. My friend Jay is doing a little better with his training and will hopefully be able to join me in DC. The only way I'm going this time is if my training goes well and I'm injury free going into the race. Here is a recent pic from a race I did a few weeks ago. Thanks Geof for the pic.

No comments: