Monday, February 26, 2007

Lab Seminar

Yesterday it was back to work - sort of. I love what I do so it's never really too much work. But I was the one who was teaching the workshop not attending it. I have done some speaking before and I used to teach middle school science but for some reason I was a little nervous for this. My subject was beach portraits. I had never done this type of workshop before and had over 60 photographers signed up for my class! Including my old boss Bob Knight from the photography company I started with 17 years ago in Florida. Add to that we were going to go out to the beach and do some live shooting with a couple of models.

Well the good news is that everything went very well. I had enough time to go into my presentation - photograph on the beach - then show them what we got on the beach. Perfect!

The photos are a few selections. Maddie was my senior model - she works at Norman Party Pics. But the real stars of the day were Georgia and Portia who were just awesome!

1 comment:

Snow Man said...

Great work. I'm sorry I missed the talk but you taught me enough by convincing me I needed that 70-200 which I just got back from a shoot using for the first time. You are right on! There was no mention of your casual run with your friends on Tuesday morning. I wonder why????